Usually, when people share a blog post on Facebook they will want to share the post image (set as thumbnail image) as well.
Here is an example:
1. We have a blog post (from a demo WordPress website using our tInteriorDesign theme)
2. When we click on Share on Facebook link, the preview image that appear should be same as the thumbnail image:
Here are all of the steps that need to be performed:
1. Open your_theme/header.php file
<html <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
<html <?php language_attributes(); ?><?php if ( is_single() && has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?> xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xmlns:fb=”http://ogp.me/ns/fb#”<?php endif; ?>>
3. Above </header> (also in header.php), insert the following code:
<?php if ( is_single() && has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?>
<meta property=”og:image” content=”<?php the_post_thumbnail_url(); ?>” />
<?php endif; ?>
4. Save changes and upload the header.php file
Note: The above change is already applied to All of our Premium themes. So, if you use a premium theme from us, you don’t need to apply these code changes to your theme.