Are you looking for a convenient way to connect to a WebDAV server and upload files in Ubuntu? The graphical interface in Ubuntu provides an easy-to-use method for accessing WebDAV resources. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to connect to a WebDAV server and upload files using the Ubuntu UI:
- Open the “Files” application: Launch the “Files” application in Ubuntu. You can usually find it in the dock or the application menu.
- Access the “Connect to Server” option: In the “Files” window, click on the “Other Locations” option in the left sidebar. At the bottom of the “Other Locations” section, click on the “Connect to Server” option.
- Enter the server address: A “Connect to Server” dialog box will appear. In the “Server Address” field, enter the WebDAV URL of the server you want to connect to. For example, if your WebDAV URL is
davs://prefix for secure connections).
- Establish the connection: Click the “Connect” button to establish the connection to the WebDAV server.
- Authenticate (if required): If the server requires authentication, a dialog box will prompt you to enter your username and password. Provide the necessary credentials and click the “Connect” button.
- Access the WebDAV server: If the provided information is correct and the connection is successful, the WebDAV server will be mounted, and you’ll see it listed in the left sidebar of the “Files” application.
- Navigate and manage files: Click on the server listing in the left sidebar to access its contents. You can browse through the folders, view files, and perform various file operations such as uploading, downloading, copying, and deleting.
By following these steps, you can seamlessly connect to a WebDAV server and utilize the Ubuntu UI to manage your files. Whether you’re uploading documents, sharing files, or collaborating with others, this graphical approach makes the process more user-friendly and accessible.
Remember, the specific steps may vary slightly based on your Ubuntu version or desktop environment, but the overall process remains similar. With the graphical interface in Ubuntu, connecting to a WebDAV server and uploading files becomes a hassle-free experience.
So go ahead and harness the power of WebDAV in Ubuntu to streamline your file management tasks!